|Relations||Yukiko Koshigaya (mother)
Natsumi Koshigaya (younger sister)
Suguru Koshigaya (older brother)
Kazuho Miyauchi (sensei)
Komari Koshigaya (越谷 小鞠 Koshigaya Komari?) is one of the main characters of the Non Non Biyori series. She is the younger sister of Suguru Koshigaya, the older sister of Natsumi Koshigaya and the eldest girl in their school.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Komari has waist-length brown hair that has bangs hanging over the left side of her face and emerald green eyes. She wears mostly child-like clothing despite wanting to be seen as an adult. This may be due to the fact that her mother will not buy her new clothes until she grows out of her old ones, such as her school swimsuit. She mostly wears her hair down. She occasionally wears her hair with two small pony tails on the sides. She wears a uniform to school.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Komari is a smart, but insecure girl who wants to be seen as a woman, although she gets easily annoyed by the fact that Hotaru Ichijō both looks and acts more grown-up than her, despite only being in fifth grade. Komari often feels out-of-place among her younger schoolmates, sometimes scorning them for their childish behavior. She is very responsible in her studies but has gotten herself dragged into trouble by Natsumi Koshigaya ever since they were children. Komari is the most superstitious of the main cast and she's easily scared by what she perceives to be supernatural phenomena. Natsumi often takes advantage of this by playing pranks on her.
Background[edit | edit source]
Komari is the middle child of the three Koshigaya siblings.
- Suguru Koshigaya is her oldest sibling
- Natsumi Koshigaya is the youngest sibling
- Yukiko Koshigaya (Komari's mother) treats Komari as if she were a young child.
Chronology[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Don't call me Koma-chan!"
- "Autumn, to a grown woman, it's time to breathe a sigh and get sentimental..."
Etymology[edit | edit source]
- The name Komari means "small" (小) (ko) and "ball" (鞠) (mari).
- Renge Miyauchi's nickname for her is "Koma-chan" (other characters adopted this nickname too).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Komari is bad at cooking, such as having all the food burnt when she made a bento.
- Komari is approximately 135 cm tall.
- Komari padded her height when asked and said it was 140 cm.
- When Komari is shown lying or disappointed, her eyes become shaped like a cat's eye.
- Komari loves it when Hotaru Ichijō calls her “Senpai” since it makes her feel more grown.
- Komari has a plushy bear called Shokichi-San.
- Komari always uses sunscreen out of fear of UV sun rays (Manga only)